Woke up at 6 a.m. – after not getting into bed until after 11 p.m. and 3 strawberry margaritas last night. I can’t sleep when my mind is full or when I know I have a lot I need/want to do.
1. I love my new job. But, as much as I love it … I miss blogging, reading blogs, and interacting with bloggy friends. I’ll get back into the swing of things soon. Hopefully.
2. Yesterday Lucy had a bad accident in her crate (she was crated in the hallway) and Linus escaped his crate (apparently he’s an escape artist) and had accidents all over our bedroom (he was crated in our master bedroom with the door shut). Both had bloody stools so off to the vet we went … two hours later and a vet bill larger than my first paycheck from my new job we discovered Kennel Cough and parasites for both doggies. We came home with 6 different medications. :(
3. Linus also escaped the house via the garage on Thursday morning while the husband was trying to get out the door. Luckily we chased him down, in the rain, pretty quickly.
4. I missed WIAW and Three Things Thursday this week. I had 238 unread emails this morning and my Google Reader is up to 770 unread items. Every time I think I’ve found some free time to sit down at the computer and catch up … something else comes up.
5. It’s our third wedding anniversary this week! Yay :)
6. I ran in the rain three times this past week. I always run faster in the rain. Tuesday 4 miles @ 10:24 avg pace; Wednesday 3.1 miles @ 10:10 avg pace; Friday 3.44 miles @ 10:34 avg pace. (This reminds me that I need to update my Daily Mile.) No rain for my long run yesterday (12 miles @ 11:38 avg pace with my running buddies Kat & Rene). Don’t know yet if I’ll run today or not … and right now it’s not raining but it’s forecasted to later today. I thought about a relaxing day today but then I realized that after yesterday I have a million and one things to get done today. :(
7. Do you think a chocolate chip cookie is appropriate for breakfast because I have a whole plate of them on my counter that I baked last night and I really want one right now at 7:40 a.m. I think it would go really well with my cup of coffee …
8. The husband and I are thinking about running a 10k race next weekend. It’s right down the street from our house (like less than 2 miles away). We ran this race in 2009, but only the 5k. We still have not yet decided.
9. Gas prices are on the rise. I’m sure you knew this already. Lucky me --- they started to go up right around the time I got a job with a 40+ mile round trip commute. Boo.
10. Thanks to the husband (who only recently started drinking coffee and coffee flavored drinks) and our running buddies I recently discovered the joys of a post run coffee treat. Some of our running friends have been making a trip to Starbucks post long run and I mostly avoided it due to extra calories and frivolous spending (since I usually have coffee at home). Last week I had my first post run Starbucks visit and I felt so amazing the rest of the day. Not overly tired like I usually do. I’m now convinced it’s necessary after every long run! (I usually get a Grande Skinny Vanilla Latte for only 120 calories.)
Seriously I bet I could ramble on all day with random thoughts and tidbits. But, I better go make some breakfast. I’ve got a busy and full day ahead of me. I’m determined to find some time this week to catch up on all your blogs.